The School Day
The School Day
8.45 School opens to pupils
9.00 Registration closes
9.00 Phonics/Guided Reading
9.30 English Lessons
10.45 Maths Lessons
11.45 Collective Worship
13.00 Other curriculum subjects
15.10 End of day
Autumn Term 2020 Update - Class Bubbles
In order to comply with guidelines for the safe reopening of schools, we have split the classes into two groups (A and B).
Group A consists of the children in the following classes:
Reception Class (Eden)
Year 2 (Prosper)
Year 3 (Karslake)
Year 6 (Rosemellyn)
Group B consists of the children in the following classes:
Year 1 (Hendra)
Year 4 (Melbur)
Year 5 (Drinnick).
Arrival (beginning of the school day)
Group A (see above) will be from 8.50am – 9am.
Group B (see above) will be from 9.05 – 9.15am.
Collection (end of the school day):
Group A (see above) will be at 2.55pm.
Group B (see above) will be at 3.10pm.
I am aware that this won’t be easy for parents with children in different classes, but it is impossible to mitigate for all of these scenarios. If parents have children in Group A and Group B, they will need to drop children in Group A off via their entrance (see below) at 9am, then walk to the entrance (see below) for the child in Group B to be dropped off at 9.05am. Due to current guidelines, we can’t allow extra people to be on site ‘waiting’, hence these timings will need to be adhered to.
Entrances and Exits for Group A:
- Reception Class (Eden) will enter via the gate at the side of the school near the community hall and will then follow the path directly to the outdoor area of Reception (Eden) Class.
- Year 2 (Prosper) will enter via the community hall.
- Year 3 (Karslake) will enter via the library doors.
- Year 6 (Rosemellyn) will enter via the main office.
Entrances and Exits for Group B:
- Year 1 (Hendra) will enter via the usual Key Stage 1 entrance (double doors at the top of the school). Year 4 (Melbur) will enter via the community hall.
- Year 5 (Drinnick) will enter via the main office.