Catering Assistant Vacancy
C Pay Scale - from £8.28 per hour
8.75 hours per week - 12noon to 1.45pm during term time plus 3 days out of term time.
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd May
Shortlisting: Thursday 24th May
Interview date: Friday 25th May.
Start date: TBC
Nanpean School is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check, and will be assess against the Childcare Disqualification Regulations.
Applications can be made by completing and returning the application form and equal opportunities form on this page and returning it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can print and hand in/ post your application to the office:
St. Georges Road,
Nanpean School is looking to appoint a dedicated, enthusiastic and friendly Catering Assistant to join our team.
The successful candidate will;
- Be hardworking and able to work under their own initiative.
- Have high expectations of cleanliness and takes pride in their work and environment.
- Be a strong team player with good interpersonal skills and a good sense of humour.
- Be flexible, adaptable and reliable.
- Be able to follow set procedures for the health, safety and wellbeing of our pupils, staff and for themselves.
- Be organised and able to prioritise your workload.
The role will include;
- Serving children and staff hot school meals
- Cleaning the dining area and kitchen in accordance with the school’s cleaning schedules.
- Assisting with checks of the kitchen to ensure that it meets standards and reporting defects to the Cook in Charge where necessary.
Please refer to the job description for more information.
Experience of working in a school kitchen and an awareness of basic health and safety is desirable, but training will be provided.
In return, Nanpean School will offer;
- An enjoyable and hospitable work environment.
- A strong commitment to your continued professional development.
- A well-resourced school.
- Supportive staff, parents and Governors.